Friday, August 26, 2011

Winston learns to R.E.A.D

A few weeks ago, I attended a workshop for the R.E.A.D program:  http://www.therapyanimals.org/read/

This program advocates children reading to pets to help build the child's reading skills and reading confidence.  The dogs are un-biased listeners who do not mind if the children read slowly or have trouble with some words.  The results and improvement in children's reading who participate is amazing.

Today, I received the official welcome packet from the R.E.A.D program notifying us that Winston and I are card carrying members!

Our official creds!
As a kid, I spent many an hour reading to my dog, Raggs, the wondermutt. I have always loved books and reading. It should be  fun to participate in this program with Winston!

Winston and his books


READ me a story about a good puppy!
So, be on the lookout for us at the local library. We will be the Girl and the Glen curled up with a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment